Keeping the cousin connection alive across this fabulous nation and around the world

In the words of Sister Sledge, "We are Family"

Monday, March 8, 2010



Today I am head back to school for the first time since February 22nd. Am I ready? No. Will I be? Yes, probably within the first fifteen minutes. My students will quickly take over and I expect their welcome will be sincere. I thought I would do a quick post while I wait for my tea water to boil. On Saturday, my friend Laura Dyck gave me a few important tips on how to be a successful blogger. She creates fabulous journals by repurposing books that would otherwise be on their way to landfill sites. Check out her blog and Etsy site



Exactly one week ago today we said a collective goodbye to Dad at Westminster Church. Lynne then welcomed us back to her house where we had the best wake possible for a Monday night. Some revellers used up a good part of Tuesday before going to bed, but not the group pictured below: Dougal Clark (Toronto) Shannon Burns (Winnipeg) Sandy Burns (Winnipeg) Stevie McDowell (Saanich B.C.) and brother Fraser McDowell (Coquitlam, B.C.). We are all related on the Burns side. Dad would love to see this photo.








1 comment:

  1. Dear Shannon;

    I hope the day at school went alright and that your students were kind and sympathetic. I am sure you are a teacher who inpires kindness in the classroom.

    Talk to you one day soon....Love to you and thinking about you and your mom and family...a lot.

    ReplyDelete