Keeping the cousin connection alive across this fabulous nation and around the world

In the words of Sister Sledge, "We are Family"

Saturday, March 20, 2010


Good morning Rellies,

Mum and I were treated to a fabulous performance by the young Russian pianist Daria Rabotkina. I shouldn't have quit my piano lessons... she performed the Ravel piece for left hand flawlessly, but my favourite was Gershwin's Rhapsody in Blue.

I thought I would point out that following yesterday's post, Clive called Ashley - they both live in Ottawa, and they had a chat. Lynne Arnason (Campbell Wright's wife) called Lindsay and invited her to dinner because she thought that Linds might be alone given Mum was attending the concert. And finally, Dean emailed me to ask how he could sign on as a follower of Penned in the 'Peg. Thanks Dean! When the Penned in the 'Peg page opens, the most recent post is always on the left. On the right side one will find things like "Pages" (allows the blogger to create that a page that will not fall further and further down the archive page. I only have one and it is dedicated to Dad's eulogy); the "Labels" tool allows me to identify a photo or post so that it is easy to find (I've labelled Clive's kids' photos now) Then we come upon Blogger followed by, well, "Followers". There is a Google box: "g" Follow Click on it and follow the prompts.

As further encouragement to send me photos, I will continue to post the ones I already have in my library.

Like these ones for instance, taken at Aunt Sonya's 75th birthday party (November, 2007) - it was a theme party in case you are wondering why your Aunt Dilly is wearing a tunic.
Ashley toasts Aunt Sonya
Dilly and Dawn in "period" costumes


Alex and Dawn in sartorial splendour

Liz Wright and Dilly Burns


See what I'm saying? It is in your best interest to send me recent photos of your gang. And to my cousins on the Burns side, I promise equal real estate to you too.

Have a wonderful and productive day.

No comments:

Post a Comment