Keeping the cousin connection alive across this fabulous nation and around the world

In the words of Sister Sledge, "We are Family"

Saturday, March 27, 2010



Good Saturday morning everyone,

Yesterday was the one month anniversary of Dad's passing. I feel worse, rather than better. I watched the Pixar movie "Up" with my grade five students yesterday (I owed them a treat due to a failure on my part to daily physical activity. TMI?). I sat at the back of the room because I found myself fighting back tears on a couple of occasions. Around 5:30 last evening there was a knock on the door. I let Norm answer it as I was feeling sorry for myself and didn't want to see anyone, but then I recognized the voice of my WONDERFUL friend, Nicole Kirouac Luke - a friend who's sense of compassion is such that she took the time out of her hectic schedule to bring me a bunch of tulips and hyacinths. It was she who reminded me that it was the month anniversary. I cried, she cried and I finally understood why I had been moping around all day. Thanks Nicole.

Here's a great photo of Dad, Sonya and Livy (Sonya's middle child) taken Christmas '09.


If you've read this far, thanks for sticking with me. Have a great day, Be well, and TTYL.

No comments:

Post a Comment