Keeping the cousin connection alive across this fabulous nation and around the world

In the words of Sister Sledge, "We are Family"

Monday, May 10, 2010

Alex turns 45 in Venice

Wrights and Drewetts fêtent in Venice

Alex Wright turned 45 this past April - the 18th I believe, and to celebrate she planned a family vacation to Venice. She, Peter and Fraser were accompanied by Liz & Rob, Ashley and jeff, Lynne and Aunt Pat & Roy. What fun. Of course the less fu part was that their trip coincided with the volcano blowing its top thus putting a full stop to air traffic in the 'hood. Once again Mother Nature was reminding us just who is boss. Lynne kindly provided the following photos, but I happened to steal a quick look at Roy's library of photos, and I must say, there are blog worthy indeed.

I experienced some difficulty in uploading the photos Lynne had forwarded to me, but this file uploaded while the others refused to. I am an expert blogger until operations go wrong - I am so quick to jump ship it is truly shameful! I am a fair weather blogger. The end result is that only one of Lynne's photos would upload, but I promise to post more someday... I think we all get the "picture" though - it was a fabulous trip. Happy Birthday Alex.


Aunt Dawn in Anguilla

To round things off, I thought I would post the photos Janis McKeag sent me. Aunt Dawn was in Anguilla over spring break. They are wearing their Easter bonnets; Grnadma would be so proud!


Pip, Janis's husband is seen here giving Aunt Dawn a hand with his luggage. Pip will be back in Canada in July when Scott Reece needs a BBQ chef for his lakeside wedding.

I will sign off now so that I can tune into the last period and a half of the Montreal - Pittsburgh game. Go Habs!

No comments:

Post a Comment